The Ireland Brownfield Network was established in 2012 by a group of environmental professionals from both jurisdictions on the island of Ireland with the collective aim of promoting the appropriate assessment and sustainable development of brownfield land.
Aims and Objectives
The Network aims to:
- Encourage brownfield related dialogue between professionals, regulators and academics involved in the regeneration of brownfield sites throughout Ireland.
- Develop a forum where best practices in Ireland’s brownfield regeneration, its assessment and its management can be highlighted, disseminated and championed.
- Encourage, support and promote the sustainable and effective regeneration of brownfield land throughout Ireland.
The Network will:
- Establish and maintain a dedicated website where Network news and information can be freely accessed. Facilitate a talk-board forum for members to exchange brownfield related discussions.
- Host an annual conference/networking event for members where Ireland-wide brownfield topics are presented.